Monday 16 June 2014

Baby's first bear

I find this part of the journey really hard to try and explain to others around me.  I want a baby of our own so badly, it's the only thing I think about.  For the last 18 months of TTC through IVF I seemed to have put my life on hold. The scenarios would begin, "if I get pregnant this round..." but it was so hard not to do.  I need to know I am doing everything right, right with the medications, supplements etc.  I'm exercising, I'm eating right.  But then I realised I wasn't doing much for my mind and my thinking.  I sourced some good meditations from my TTC sisters and my personal trainer who also teaches meditation.  I started putting aside half an hour each night before bed and I feel great!  There are some days I miss and if I do I go to sleep with relaxation music going instead.  I really feel this is going to be beneficial to me going into this round as it is going to be so hard after so many failures to think positively.

I also am one who needs visualisation things too.  I had already done a wish board and it was in my bedroom next to the bed, I had all my little "lucky" trinkets next to it and now I have added "Peanut."  While visiting J we were shopping for little gifts for some of our IVF sisters that we met on instagram, when we stumbled across a "build a bear" shop and went straight in and both had the thought straight away to make our future babies a bear which would also help us along the way.   It's all these little things that are going to help me think positively about this round. 


No comments:

Post a Comment