Wednesday 30 April 2014

My support network


It's been hard talking to people about my infertility and the IVF.  As much as I know they care about us they just can't begin to understand what it is we are feeling.  The emotions and stress that come with this journey is like no other I have ever felt before.  To try and explain how you are feeling is really difficult and close to impossible.  The only people that can truly understand are those that are going through the same thing or have done so.  That's why I think creating a "TTC" account on Instagram has been the most helpful thing I could have done.  I have been on there now for 12 weeks and the friendships I have made with some very beautiful women has made it so much easier for me to deal with these emotions.  You don't need to explain yourself, these women understand straight away and the support and comfort you get from that is surprisingly amazing!!  About 5 weeks ago I actually met up with three of them and it was the best day, we talked like we had known each other for years. It was a very liberating feeling to know I am not alone in this and that I am strong enough to get through this.  One of them was pregnant from IVF so that was very reassuring that this can work.  But in particular there is one woman J that has been so amazing.  We started talking just over private message on Facebook at Christmas time last year and it was great to be able to confide in her and click straight away and feel so comfortable.  We live in the same state but not close enough to see each other all the time.  We have only met up that once.  I then received this surprise package one day and it was from her, all these really thoughtful little items.  We have been texting ever since and I have sent her a package too.  She is there for me in the good and the bad and it is so great to have a friend that is going through this and knows exactly what emotions I am feeling.  I don't think I would be coping as well as what I am if I didn't start this account and have the support and distraction that it provides.



No comments:

Post a Comment